Job Function: Director, HEOR/RWE
Location: USA (Ideally New York / Northeast Region)
Job Type: Regular Employee
Job Level: Director
SmartAnalyst is a life sciences strategic consulting company. Our global Value and Evidence practice that focuses on health economic modeling and real-world data analytics is undergoing significant growth and we are looking for a qualified candidate to help in the expansion of the business for some of the world’s leading bio-pharma companies. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate who is looking to join a dynamic and growing practice.
This position reports to the Executive Director of the practice.
Scope & Responsibilities
This position will be responsible for the dual role of generating new business for SmartAnalyst’s Value and Evidence practice, and, adding to the team’s execution and delivery capabilities. We are looking to hire a seasoned HEOR / RWE consultant with very strong project management skills and significant client facing experience who will develop and grow client relationships, and deliver new business engagements, including:
- Health Economic modeling
- Dynamic disease modeling
- Real World Data analytics
- Literature review and evidence development
- Developing new business for the company by mining your existing relationships in the pharma world
- Leading the delivery of projects so obtained
- Leading the delivery of projects obtained from other BD sources, including existing business of the company
- Participating in developing proposals and capabilities presentations
- Establishing relationships with data vendors to keep track of new offerings, obtain counts, arrange for data licenses; working with the Value leadership team to develop new data assets
- As a seasoned consultant, contributing to the development of skills and capabilities of the team
- Participating in annual and quarterly sales planning exercises, preparing MIS reports and engaging in sales review meetings
- Experience in executing HEOR and/or Real World Evidence projects is a must. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in executing the delivery of HEOR / RWE related projects as an engagement lead in an HEOR / RWE consultancy firm. The candidate should have experience of being the primary relationship holder for multiple clients, and actively participated in obtaining new business from these clients.
- Critical to success in this role is a strong understanding of the role of health economics and RWE studies within a pharmaceutical company, and the ability to understand client’s needs and how SmartAnalyst can provide a solution to support their business objectives.
- The ideal candidate has developed and managed customer relationships at senior levels in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, and has a strong network of contacts within HEOR, RWE and Epidemiology.
A graduate degree, preferably in HEOR related fields or in biostatistics is preferred.
- The successful candidate will be intelligent, self-motivated and self-driven, able to perform as a productive individual contributor while driving and closing sales opportunities at both new accounts and key customers.
- Critical attributes include strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, organization, a bias for action, high level of adaptability and excellent analytical, negotiation, and relationship management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, planning skills, presentation skills and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Competitive compensation, as well as an attractive benefits package including health benefits, 401k, vacation and paid company holidays.
To apply for this post, email applyUS@smartanalyst.com