Job Function: Assistant Manager, IT Operations Delivery Engineer
Division: Tech Support
Job Type: Regular Employee
Job Level: Analyst
- To cover E2E operational activities and provide IT desk support across geographies (Ashfield Advisory geographies), via phone, email and remote access; requests include Hardware, Software, Procurement, Incidents and Service change
- Escalation of Network & Server request to the Central Infrastructure team while retaining ownership of those requests to track/monitor progress and ensure delivery to the required business timelines.
- Maintain service desk logging, recording all appropriate information for the request and for incidents cause and resolution in order to identify common issues/ recurring problems.
- Build the team’s Knowledgebase, including development and updated documentation; to ensure knowledge dissemination and undergo training in special areas and share it with the wider team, as required.
- Setting up and supporting on-site hardware and software – including PCs, MACs & conferencing facilities, i.e. TV and AV equipment.
- To deliver end-to-end support of the PC & Apple Mac estate in-person and remotely where required including hardware support & lifecycle management (Incl. refresh & stock rotation).
- Ensure ‘local’ inventories of equipment are current.
- Identify, evaluate and implement ideas for continuous improvement in internal processes/areas.
- Document processes and procedures in the form of SOPs and/or work instructions, user guides and tip sheets; make announcements on the support of operational and project related matters.
- Visits to other Ashfield Advisory sites for IT support whenever required.
- Submitting change requests and supporting information/documentation into the Global CAB process where required.
- Delivering project activities as defined which may include scoping & planning, vendor management, update communications, workstream lead & technical delivery.
Skills and Expertise
- Good experience of operating systems, configuration and PC builds for Window & Mac builds, supporting Apple OS devices (iPad, Macs, iPhones)
- Knowledge of security tools, including Anti-virus, Web & email filtering (Zscaler, Mimecast, MFA), device management & reporting (SCCM, Intune & Jamf)
- Encryption Software management (Bitlocker & Filevault), Office, 365, Exchange, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams for business.
- Group policy derivation and management
- Scripting (Powershell), Remote desktop support tools (Teamviewer, ZOHO etc) and Zoom
- Strong communications skills – both written and verbal – to discuss with multi-cultural teams across the Advisory business and wider Group IT.
- Analytical approach with good questioning & listening skills and excellent customer service skills with confident call handling, prioritization, and call escalations.
- 5 – 7 years in a similar/allied role of Tech support working with global teams
B.Tech with experience in IT Support
To apply for this post, email applyIndia@smartanalyst.com